Thread: Where can I purchase VHF air band transceiver handheld or aviation products ?

Big Grin Where can I purchase VHF air band transceiver handheld or aviation products ?

Hi guys;

On site of EAA airventure oshkosh 2014 Please suggest me Where to buy the aviation's product like VHF airband receiver or transceiver? ( Do they allow me to purchase or not ? due to I 'm just the aviation enthusiast not an airmen who have hold a license) , illuminated stripe "remove before flight ",aircraft models ,etc.
    I love to keep them as collections and to furnishing my car

P.S.Does anyone has any aviation's merchandises that bought from oshkosh in the past ? What were they look like?
    Thanks
    Wuthichai Philawan
    EAA#1138162
    A trained person is an excellent person!!!

There are at least a dozen places where you can buy those kinds of electronics while at the Big Show. Right by the main aircraft display, there are four large hangars labeled "A", "B", "C", and "D" where all the electronics vendors get together to sell things like radio, headsets, GPSes, and the like. You won't be able to miss them!

There are no restrictions on purchasing that equipment. Just be cognizant that you are at the world's largest airshows with lots of aircraft, and don't key the mic. Most modern radios have a way to lock the mic.

~Chris
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Frankly, I would suggest if you do not have a legal need to transmit you do NOT buy an aviation transceiver. You will actually find a portable scanner with air band coverage to probably be much more effective for your needs. Aviation transceivers are lousy scanners so it won't be possible to scan multiple frequencies at once and you'll get some non-aviation mileage out of it as well.

Ron makes a good point. If your an enthusiast who does a lot of listening, scanners are a great choice. Amazon has the Uniden BC125AT for ~US$120 at the moment, about half what you'll pay for a good aviation transceiver.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Thank you your guys for the great recommended.

Regards,
    Wuthichai Philawan
    EAA#1138162
    A trained person is an excellent person!!!