Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
The dorms are kept extremely clean. Microwave and fridge in each room. TV down in the basement / rec area. Two dorms are fully air conditioned. Taylor, which is a regular dorm, runs around $100-110 a night for 2014. Sorry, I'm not looking up exact numbers. That ballpark, though. There's also the newer dorm, which is closer to $300/night, but it will sleep 4. Semi-private baths in this new dorm. UWO were having problems booking them at this price last year, so they may have reduced the price somewhat. Being new, they're airconditioned. There are a few rooms in the other dorms that must be used by staff or RAs, because there a few with window a/c units; check with the university to check their availability.

There's Blackhawk Commons which is the dining hall. Each meal is an all-you-can-eat deal (unless they've changed it), and the price isn't bad if you're into eating a large quantity. If you just want an egg and toast, it gets expensive. Lots of other food choices available both on and off the field, though. If you're a coffee and bagel guy, there's a small bistro on the ground floor of Gruenhagen that basically has juice, cofee, donuts, bagels, and some cereals all at ala carte prices. I can eat there for $3.50 for breakfast (or less).

This will be my 10th year in the dorms. Not into camping, and the wife likes it that she can get up when SHE wants and still catch the bus to the show when SHE wants to. Would love to camp with my plane, but, hey, at my age I'm just not into camping that much.

Edit for one other thought. The dorms are super clean, but no one goes in your room once they give you the key. No daily linen service, that is. While they supply towels and wash cloths, please bring a larger towel if you're the type to walk down the hallways with a towel wrapped around you. The supplied towels will only embarrass us all. My wife brings her own TP - she hates the 1-micron thick stuff the dorms use. We also bring our own pillows, but that's just us.

Hi Carl,

Could you please share more experiece for staying at UWO; They have sent the message like "Wuthichai"

"I have made this reservation for you. We do require a $70 deposit per room to hold the reservation and final payment by June 15th. You can make payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express by responding to this email or calling our office at 920.424.3226 or by sending a check payable to UW Oshkosh to:

EAA Guest Reservations
Gruenhagen Conference Center
208 Osceola Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901.

We do have shuttle service available for $1.50 one way or $20 for unlimited use.

I want to know that what I gonna do for the next step ? how to make a payment for $70 deposit? I am quitely new for oshkosh !

P.S. I sent them my inquired and still wait for the answer from UWO.

Best Regards,
wuthichai philawan
EAA#1138162