Thread: Great Airshow Concept, You can Help

Great Airshow Concept, You can Help

Night Raid Over Fortress Europe

This should be of interest to all pilots and history buffs. I have no financial or commercial interest in this.

http://igg.me/at/nightraid/x/5152003

This is now on Indiegogo, a "crowdfunding" site. An experienced movie special effects and pyrotechnics guy has designed a night airshow that brings some of WW2 aviation history back to life, so that new generations can learn from the past.

He has the skills, experience and license to re-create the experience of being on the ground during one of the historic US bomber raids over Europe. The sights, sounds, anti-aircraft fire, bomb bursts, and visceral experience will be recreated for the airshow crowds at night. If you have been to Oshkosh and other big airshows lately, you know that night airshows are gaining popularity, and are highly entertaining.

Anything that makes airshows or aviation more successful, or keeps aviation history alive, should be seen as a positive for aviation. I encourage all pilots and history buffs to please spread the word about this on their tweeters and facebooks and instagremlins.

Better yet, the "perks" he is offering for crowdfunding contributors are awesome. A perfect custom built, full-size metal replica of a .50 cal WW2 machine gun..., the ability to push the button that starts a 70 year old thousand plane bombing raid... pretty neat swag on top of the intrinsic value of supporting something worthwhile.

This guy's shop is at my home airport , I have seen his replica guns, and I have seen his warbird pyro work at airshows. His resume' for special effects and pyro work is stellar. The guy is legit. I am gladly contributing to this effort, it's a much more meaningful alternative to crowdfunding the 5000th little e-gizmo.

Again, I have no financial interest in this, and am posting this only with the hope that EAA'ers support a worthwhile and entertaining airshow production. Who knows, maybe with your help he can eventually come to Oshkosh and be part of the night airshow.
    EZ Flap is the high performance upgrade for Cessna, Piper, Stinson, Maule and Beech manual flaps.
    More performance - more control - more visibility ! 100% Money Back Guarantee www.ezflaphandle.com

With the retirement of "Rich's Incredible Pyro" this would be a natural for the Oshkosh night airshows.