Thread: The Jay by Redbird

The Jay by Redbird

Has anyone used the Jay yet?? I am looking at it and would appreciate any input pro or con...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B727man View Post
    Has anyone used the Jay yet?? I am looking at it and would appreciate any input pro or con...Thanks
    Haven't used it, but a couple of comments after wandering around their website.... First and foremost, remember this is not a certified sim, so no logging time.

You're up to $3K if you want the 'optional' (?) rudder pedals. How could rudder pedals be optional on other than an Ercoupe sim :-)

Based on their specs, the technology is a bit long in the tooth... solid state or 10K rpm hard drives are now the norm, and I've had the same series video card they use in my home sim for probably 4 or 5 years. That said, there's nothing wrong with tried and true. (Always ask for credentials with tech, be it flying or computer, opinions...retired IT geek of 25 years...last thing I did professionally was criminal computer forensics exams.)

I disagree with at least one of their premises....You don't need to be a rocket scientist to put together your own basic sim. There are a huge number of resources out there to help, and the nice thing with that approach is that you can build, and upgrade, as you can afford...even if you start with a 'store-bought' computer you already have. That's a new topic.

For $3K you can build a LOT of sim....but if you want to order it, put it on your desk, and fire it up, the Jay should work within it's limitations.

Jim

PS.. Their 'scenario-based training'.... an incredible array of training scenarios are included in both FSX and P3D software itself.
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 01-20-2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: PS..