Thread: EAA SportAir Workshops

Question EAA SportAir Workshops

Anyone know if they will be doing them around the country again next year? I read that this was the last year and that they would only be doing at oshkosh.

Here is the current schedule:

http://www.sportair.org/schedule.html

Nothing on there after March. I hope they go back to some of the prior locations - there hasn't been one close enough for me to go to since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    Here is the current schedule:

http://www.sportair.org/schedule.html

Nothing on there after March. I hope they go back to some of the prior locations - there hasn't been one close enough for me to go to since 2010.
    Mike I thought about doing something like this locally. Maybe having someone speak about something they are doing or working on and show others how they do it. Or something like this. Here at Holmes field we have the space to hold events such as this. I would be open to paying for the use of the room or shop if we could get some speakers.

I have a friend building a Zenith 750. I bet he would love to speak on that, but I would like to see some work shops like fabricating and such.

If we can not go to these lets bring them to us. We have to have those in our area who work with aluminum and other things. I bet they would love to pass some stuff on to other locals.

What is your thoughts on this?

Tony

EAA Staff
    Hi Everyone

Mark Forss here, I manage the EAA SportAir Workshops and have been involved with this important program as coordinator and instructor since 2001

We are absolutely continuing on with the workshops!!

We're currently working on the schedule for 2014-15. We will be posting it to the SportAir Website as soon as we confirm each event. Its always a challenge as we have to balance location and instructor availability around the country.

We'll hold a number of "big" workshops (4-5 courses) as we have done in the past, as well as a number of single courses around the country.

If you have any suggestions on a location, or course, please feel free to email me your request to mforss@eaa.org

Thanks you!