Thread: No Forums Content in SA Magazine

Banned

No Forums Content in SA Magazine

Hal, I've certainly noticed the absense of the regular spot in the last 5 editions. Have the threads and responses/contributions during this period become less relevant, less interesting or less compelling to preclude publication? Or, is there a new SA editorial policy that we are not aware of that knocked out the spot?

Hadn't picked up on that particular change. The magazine's content has shifted so far towards a monthly column format a lot has been sacrificed.

I did notice that Mac wrote something about conditional <sic> inspections in one of his mind numbing columns this month. Maybe he should hire an editor.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hey Floats - the section has always been an optional thing, but, to be honest, I don't believe it's necessarily all that popular. Anyway, when I choose to submit a thread for inclusion, I am looking for things that are, as you said, compelling, likely to drive more eyeballs to the forums, and, most challenging, can be coherently edited down to a handful of necessarily-truncated posts. That's harder than it might seem...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hey Floats - the section has always been an optional thing, but, to be honest, I don't believe it's necessarily all that popular. Anyway, when I choose to submit a thread for inclusion, I am looking for things that are, as you said, compelling, likely to drive more eyeballs to the forums
    Thanks for the insight and veracity. The forum users want to drive as many eyeballs as possible to the site...after all more fun for us. So it appears we need to get a little more creative and selective in our subjects to appeal to a wider SA audience. I'm sure we can all come up with compelling(perhaps even controversial) subject matter.