Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V tail Handling

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Bob, are you sure that there are factory aerobatic approved Bonanzas that have V tails?

Beech made about 200 acro approved model F33C s , but these are straight tail ones, like the one Jim Peitz flew in airshows.

There are also non aerobatic F33 versions also.
    Bill, you are so right. I spotted an aerobatic Bonanza in Trade a Plane a while back and assumed it was a 35. I just checked Bud Davidson (Air Bum)and he says that 25 aerobatic E33-C were built and sold around 1970.
    But back to slips. I saw an airshow aerobatic routine flown by an Ercoupe and they are rigged to not be able to slip. He crossed controls several times.
    Bob

Mathew, That DA-2 is a sleeper. And it breaks the 100mph barrier.

Bob

As a brand new, low time, don't know much, pilot back in 79, I thought about buying my first plane and went to look at an older V tail for sale,can't recall the year. With hardly a caution or much explanation, the owner put me in the left seat and I did a demo flight, me making the landing ,despite the fact that I had only flown basic trainers. I was surprised and impressed with how easy it was to fly and land. I didn't buy that one, perhaps it was a little pricey, can't recall, but I always had a soft spot for them and finally got one years later. First I had a T-34 which is fun and really easy to fly, and now my Be 36TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    I saw an airshow aerobatic routine flown by an Ercoupe and they are rigged to not be able to slip. He crossed controls several times.
    Bob
    I don't understand. How could he cross control without rudder pedals?

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    I don't understand. How could he cross control without rudder pedals?
    A lot of these airplanes had the rudder pedal kits installed. So you are assuming this airplane had no rudder pedals.

Tony

Yes. But he said they are rigged not to be able to slip. That implies no rudder pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    Yes. But he said they are rigged not to be able to slip. That implies no rudder pedals.
    I have never flown an Ercoupe with or without pedals. The airshow 'coupe may or may not have retained the interconnected controls. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    I have never flown an Ercoupe with or without pedals. The airshow 'coupe may or may not have retained the interconnected controls. What do you think?

I think you cannot cross control an Ercoupe without rudder pedals.