Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to the area (VPZ as of June, 2013) and was looking at joining my local chapter (104). I sent an email via their webpage requesting some info a while back, but I didn't get a response. I'm an EAA member, but didn't succeed to really get deeply involved yet with a local chapter. I spent some time with 690 at LZU, but it was only for about 6-7 months, and then I ended up moving to my current location. What I remember from 690 was pretty positive. They were very active, had a lot of events (even if they were small), and were quick on communication.

Just curious if anyone knows anything, or is part of the 104 chapter here at VPZ. I don't want this to come off negative because I mentioned that I didn't get a response...that isn't my intention. Things happen, messages get lost, etc, and I've got no issue or grudge with that. Just doing a little research since from what I can tell, they only get together once a month.

A little background...I'm a student pilot, but I've been around aviation for most of my life, as my family were EAA members, pilots, and club members (3C1). I've got 10-20 hours in, but love to tinker, go up, and take part in hangar talk. Although I'm working on my ticket, for a few hours on an evening or weekend I don't mind helping buddies wash the plane, change the oil, or go up for a bit.

I hear we've got a great airport here at VPZ, but I haven't had the time yet to explore, as we've been getting settled in after the move. I'd like to get back into the community a bit, so I'm just reaching out. I hang out a bit over at the POA forum, but there really isn't anyone close to me. Also looking for some recommendations for the flight school choices here at VPZ (leaning towards Eagle Aviation).

Any locals, EAA members, anyone with info, feel free to reach out, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!