Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Homebuilt with performance similar to Cheetah / Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by deej View Post
    I am surprised by that comment. In my experience it took a bit of upper body strength to lift yourself out of a Grumman.
    Upper body strength isn't a problem - I have a problem with my left knee & stepping down & into a piper is difficult - same with trying to get up & out

Quote Originally Posted by middlebrook04 View Post
    Beech Sundowner, you can get a well equipped one for around 30k.
    I have considered that, but there again parts are expensive. Probably going to be worse now that Textron bought Beech. But from everything I have heard they are comfortable & I like the idea of 2 doors.

Yes if you bend it the parts may cost you but as for normal wear and tare it is the same as any other type in its class. It is hard to beat the strength though. After many hours in 172's and PA-28's, I'm glad I bought the Sundowner. It's way more roomy for us big guy's and great visibility compared to the Cherokee line. Not to say I would not own the others they are well proven and reliable airframes. I do believe if Beech would not have made the mistake of dropping the Musketeer line the could have kept a large share of the small single market.