Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to fly into a control towered airport

How to fly into a control towered airport

Hi guys, I've noticed over many years of instructing that many people are totally nervous about flying to a towered airport because they are unsure of what to say or how to say it to I made a video to help people out who need to brush up on their tower skills. It's 30 minutes long, so make sure you have time to watch it before you start! I hope you enjoy it. Control tower operations video.
    Joe
    CFI, CFII, MEI

Over 5500 hours of flight instruction given!
    Flight Training Tips and Advice

Just viewed your video. Excellent , very well done. Everyone who does not fly into towered airports frequently should take the time to view it. I really liked the explainations of airport signage, since it tends to be confusing. I now understand it better. Many thanks for creating and posting it.

Randy

Thank you for that!

Just viewed it. Very nice refresher. I like that you chose an airport with complicated layout (Dupage has several runways and taxiways) and in fairly complicated airspace. This background "noise" highlights your simple message that "you're just having a conversation with the tower." I've sent the URL to friends who I think will benefit from it, too. Thanks!

Terrific! Thanks for posting.

David

Glad you all liked it!
    Joe
    CFI, CFII, MEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Boatright View Post
    Just viewed it. Very nice refresher. I like that you chose an airport with complicated layout (Dupage has several runways and taxiways) and in fairly complicated airspace. This background "noise" highlights your simple message that "you're just having a conversation with the tower." I've sent the URL to friends who I think will benefit from it, too. Thanks!
    Yep! It's JUST a conversation. Most people think it's much more than that but it really isn't.
    Joe
    CFI, CFII, MEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Boatright View Post
    Thanks for sharing. If you have any other ideas for a video you think someone may benefit from, send me a message!
    Joe
    CFI, CFII, MEI

Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    Just viewed your video. Excellent , very well done. Everyone who does not fly into towered airports frequently should take the time to view it. I really liked the explainations of airport signage, since it tends to be confusing. I now understand it better. Many thanks for creating and posting it.

Randy
    Great to hear!
    Joe
    CFI, CFII, MEI

Quote Originally Posted by David Pavlich View Post
    Terrific! Thanks for posting.

David
    Thanks for the thumbs up!
    Joe
    CFI, CFII, MEI