Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you used your EAA membership card to get in free to a museum?

Well, shoot! How long has this program been going on? Sure wish I had known about it before starting on the big family vacation this summer. (The OTHER one, not AV.) I paid for the family to see several of the ones listed here.

I'll have to try it. Actually, my wife tends to flash her Smithsonian credentials which at least gets her in most places. I'll have to try that with my EAA card, though I tend to use my Smithsonian associate or Exploratorium membership (when I was still maintaining those) to try for discounts at other museums.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I'll have to try it. Actually, my wife tends to flash her Smithsonian credentials which at least gets her in most places. I'll have to try that with my EAA card...
    Remember to show the BACK of the card for the ASTC logo. A local chapter ran a bus trip to the Intrepid a couple years ago. I didn't go, but told some people about the free admission with their EAA card. They only showed the front of the card, so the person at admissions didn't care about that, and they were charged regular price.

I've used my EAA card several times at the Peabody Museum at Yale, the Museum of Science in Boston, and the Boston Children's Museum. I simply informed them of the reciprocity agreement and showed them my EAA card with the ASTC logo on the back. It's a great benefit.

Ken Pavlou

Just got back from NYC and visited the Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space museum for FREE using our EAA cards. Worked like a charm, got to skip the purchasing tickets line, right to the membership line and saved $48 on admission for my wife and I. That just about covers next years EAA membership dues! I always knew of this benefit, but this was the first opportunity I had to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    A museum besides ours, that is?

My friend Cory who works on Membership benefits and programs is looking for people who have used the ASTC Passport program that wouldn't mind sharing their story with him.
    I make an annual trip to the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon, every Boxing day (in town with the in-laws for Christmas, wife goes shopping with her sister, and I go to the museum). Been using a reciprocity agreement with Seattle's Museum of Flight to get free entry, but this year flashed my EAA card.

No problems! Flipped it over to show the ASTC, and the nice volunteer slapped a wristband on me and I was in.

Here's a shot of me hanging on to the controls of the Spruce Goose so the repo guys couldn't take it...

(OK, I'll fess up: This shot was taken LAST year. But it does make a better story...)

Ron Wanttaja