Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acro in a Swift

Mr. 'hound;
    You sir, are in desprate need of a Hiperbipe!
    45" wide cabin, comfortable seating (leg room), 160mph cruise and (at acro weight) stressed to +6/-4.
    Mine is 1260 empty and has gross of 1950. Max acro # is 1680. It has 2 tanks; upright only 26 gallons/ inverted tank = 13 gallons. That's over an hour of inverted cruising...

Stall is 65mph and Vne is 225mph. With 4 full span flaparons she rolls fast! Landing is somewhere between a Citabra and a Pitts 2 place...with the added benefit of the four full span flaps allowing a power-off decent rate of around 1500 fpm @ 80mph without slipping! She can operate out of a strip as short as 1500' at gross.

As you can tell, I like mine a lot!

Chris
    N777HT
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Hiperbiper; 10-10-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I found a swift owner that was willing to take me up in his plane and to share some thoughts about ownership of these older birds. As attactive as they are, I've decided they aren't the plane for me. Sigh. The RV's are a lot more expensive and their wing flies so well it is hard to snap roll them. Perhaps I need to rethink the side by side limitation, although the Hyprbipe is an option I was unaware of. In the meantime I found a 182 fractional ownership club to keep me in the air while my dream search goes on. Gary the flyhound.