Thread: (Fairly) new VAA Member Signing On

(Fairly) new VAA Member Signing On

Hello all,

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum section for intros, so I'll move if needed!)

I've been a Vintage Aircraft Association member for a year now. I own a 1940 Aeronca Chief that I'm slowly nursing back to health. It was flyable and passed a few annuals but wasn't flown much by the previous owner (average 5 hours per year).

Of course I bought it to fly, so I've averaged 60+ in it the past two years. I haven't flown much this summer due to a recent job change, move, and engine issues (nuisance oil leaks). I figured the old, dried-out gaskets were giving way so it was time to pull and replace.

Most of the saga is on my blog: http://flightmusings.blogspot.com/

I look forward to posting, reading, and getting to know my fellow fanatics!

Dan
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dan McCormack
    Smoketown, PA (S37)
    N24286, 1940 Aeronca Chief 65-LA (Lycoming O-145-B2)
    CFI
    http://flightmusings.blogspot.com/

Welcome aboard! As everyone knows - "If you really want to fly - fly an Aeronca!!"

Edit: Just noticed your signature! We are neighbors. I swapped out my Lycoming for a Continental a couple of years ago and gave away two Lycomings and many, many parts. Too bad I didn't know you were in the area - we could have helped each other out. I don't have any parts left anymore - gave them all to a school up near Williamsport but if you need anything, I have developed a list of Lycoming owners and suppliers over the years and I may be able to help you out. You can contact me at rosiejerryroise@cs.com if you'd like to get together.
    Last edited by rosiejerryrosie; 10-13-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    Welcome aboard! As everyone knows - "If you really want to fly - fly an Aeronca!!"

Edit: Just noticed your signature! We are neighbors. I swapped out my Lycoming for a Continental a couple of years ago and gave away two Lycomings and many, many parts. Too bad I didn't know you were in the area - we could have helped each other out. I don't have any parts left anymore - gave them all to a school up near Williamsport but if you need anything, I have developed a list of Lycoming owners and suppliers over the years and I may be able to help you out. You can contact me at rosiejerryroise@cs.com if you'd like to get together.
    Jerry -- tried the email -- bounced back.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dan McCormack
    Smoketown, PA (S37)
    N24286, 1940 Aeronca Chief 65-LA (Lycoming O-145-B2)
    CFI
    http://flightmusings.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DanChief View Post
    Jerry -- tried the email -- bounced back.
    I can see why. My funble fingers mistyped my own address. Try rosiejerryrosie@cs.com
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania