Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Oxygen Acetylene Welding Technical Help in Georgia

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I just purchased me one of these. Mine was built to meet SP so she is a little slower then the rest. But change a couple things and she will keep up. I will leave her as is. Mine is also a single seat and a stretched version.

Christmas gift from my wife.

Tony

P.S. I never considered this whining. I call it looking for help. Not a thing wrong with this.

Cool! I'm happy for you on the plane, Tony!

I'm happy now too! I talked to one of the Technical Advisers that Kyle recommended and he said he could help. Now I'm not feeling so darn lonely !

jb

Gday Subnoize,it is all about practice.To get used to thin tube go to your local exhaust place and get some off cuts and practice on that .Just cut and join and do it over till you get the feel and that is the thing with the oxy,you just need to get the feel for it.don't be afraid to give it a good go as you can only get better to the point where you love the oxy. Cheers Ross

Subnoize,
    The exhaust shop is a good suggestion, also a good place to get one of the guys there to get you started, owned an exhaust shop for years and I can tell you that any one of them worth a salt will have an experienced gas welder. As important as welding techniques is it is amply as important that you have the right tip and properly adjusted flame, they can direct you on both.

Ken

Ken and Eiclan, thanks for the responses. I have found a Technical Advisor here locally. Kyle had passed along the names so I finally have somebody to talk too. I have made arrangements to start having a review of my skills starting the first of the year, 2014. Thanks again for your input.

JB