Thread: Winter weather !

Winter weather !

Man is it ever skiing weather and not flying weather here now.
    We got about 6 to 8 inches of fresh snow in town overnight and it is still coming down lightly. It is a white winter wonder land and I am sure the Aspen Skiing Co is saying some thank you prayers as this pretty much sews up a good Christmas ski experience.
    I haven't been up yet, maybe soon, my knee is a bit tender. Fortunaly you don't need good knees to fly an airplane.

Crazy weather here.
    Mid 20's middle of last week at night, 81 for a high today...
    Go figure..

Super foggy here in Oshkosh...crazy temp for this time of year 42 degrees. It is zero zero out there...cannot even see the end of the runway from Poberezny Drive...but, by Friday, arctic blast...high hovering near 10 this weekend! BRRRR. next tuesday I was planning on flying..but 2 above is the high!!!

Jonathan Harger
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Janz View Post
    Super foggy here in Oshkosh...
    I'm not sure a radio transmission could cut through this fog.

We got 14" of new snow last 24 hours. and last night in Denver was a record mnus 13 degrees. Colder than a mortgage bankers heart.
    It was minus 17 here in Aspen. The sun is now out with blue sky and it has warmed up to a toasty 8 degrees.
    The skiing is great if you are brave enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Janz View Post
    Super foggy here in Oshkosh...crazy temp for this time of year 42 degrees. It is zero zero out there...cannot even see the end of the runway from Poberezny Drive...but, by Friday, arctic blast...high hovering near 10 this weekend! BRRRR. next tuesday I was planning on flying..but 2 above is the high!!!
    Trevor, can you run across the road for me to Barr storage and make sure my camper is still standing?
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Beautiful here in Seattle... clear skies, no rain, temp in the low '30s. Supposed to hold through the weekend, too... flying time!

Ron Wanttaja

-12 here in Fort Collins this morning and 8 was the high. More of the same tonight and tomorrow. They say we might break freezing mid next week.
    Bill

N222AB
    Fort Collins, CO