Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Repairs on an Experimental/AB

I believe we found a big problem within the experimental world. If its not a Certified part or aircraft do not show it to some A&P's.

This thread proves it.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I believe we found a big problem within the experimental world. If its not a Certified part or aircraft do not show it to some A&P's.

This thread proves it.

Tony
    Maybe this thread doesn't prove aversion to non-aviation components prudently selected, engineered, built to plans, conservatively operated. My first E-AB had 2-stroke, pull-cord starter, golf cart tires on go-cart wheels with cable brakes, plastic fuel lines, etc etc. Present aircraft has shopping cart tailwheel and automotive electronic ignition etc. Regularly fly friend's E-AB with a corvair engine. No problem, never had anyone turn down rides with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cdrmuetzel@juno.com View Post
    Maybe this thread doesn't prove aversion to non-aviation components prudently selected, engineered, built to plans, conservatively operated. My first E-AB had 2-stroke, pull-cord starter, golf cart tires on go-cart wheels with cable brakes, plastic fuel lines, etc etc. Present aircraft has shopping cart tailwheel and automotive electronic ignition etc. Regularly fly friend's E-AB with a corvair engine. No problem, never had anyone turn down rides with me.
    I don't believe this is about anyone wanting to ride in an experimental airplane. To have the conversation we did I would expected that form a non EAA member. I would have expected someone whom has flown an Experimental and whom is an A&P and a member of the EAA to have a little understanding on this subject.

If you have flown the types of planes we are talking about, why the private message to me attaching what I said. You acted like I was walking all over the rules for Experimental when in fact I am doing nothing that everyone else is doing in the experimental world whom flies these little airplanes.

I was trying to show a problem some are having with their Experimental airplanes and A&P's doing the condition inspection. I did not expect to be attached by the Members of this EAA Club for doing this. I can not be the only one having these problems. But if no one mentions it how does anyone know. This forum should be used for more then saying hello and sharing pics. No wonder aviation is going down the tubes, we are all against each other, no one working together.
    Am I proud to be an EAA member? not so much.......

Tony

Good point about rides vs getting conditional inspections done. I've shopped several E-ABs offered by second or third owners, all said it was no problem hiring inspector. Before getting A&P cert, I hired conditionals, no problem other than scheduling. Since getting certificate I've done several for others. And refused to do some as I previously noted.

How about other folks? Any problems or success stories on giving or getting conditional inspections?

Quote Originally Posted by cdrmuetzel@juno.com View Post
    Good point about rides vs getting conditional inspections done. I've shopped several E-ABs offered by second or third owners, all said it was no problem hiring inspector. Before getting A&P cert, I hired conditionals, no problem other than scheduling. Since getting certificate I've done several for others. And refused to do some as I previously noted.

How about other folks? Any problems or success stories on giving or getting conditional inspections?
    I like this post....

I received this in a private message.................

Praise in public, argue in private. The private message was because you accused me of cowardice and lying, accused all A&P mechanics of being ignorant, IA inspectors of being intransigent. Other readers don't have reason to know what I posted to you. It was your choice to fight on the open forum, but it is still not my choice. I prefer not to fight at all.

You still don't get it. Attitude, sir, attitude. You say you want to learn but the tone of your posts was and continues to be argumentative and confrontational. Step back, relax, EAA is a great place to learn what you seek.

I recommend "Intransigent" as the word of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I did not read the article but commented on a posting. Someone whom read the article should respond to this, and don't post the article then expect me to respond. Seems you have the link and know what this is about, why tell me to do this?

Tony
    OP here.

I emailed the editorial@kitplanes.com address as soon as I read the article. That was about a week and a half ago .. haven't heard anything back yet.
    Funny thing is .. in the Ask The DAR article a few pages later .. the same thing is addressed correctly.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by RogerT View Post
    OP here.

I emailed the editorial@kitplanes.com address as soon as I read the article. That was about a week and a half ago .. haven't heard anything back yet.
    Funny thing is .. in the Ask The DAR article a few pages later .. the same thing is addressed correctly.
    It's not that I did not want to do this. I would do anything to be part of aviation but Others are better with words then myself. I am limited or have some problems in this area of putting words to paper, as I am sure others have noticed. I am not the one you want talking to the press.
    Tony
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 12-03-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Fixed broken quote.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerT View Post
    OP here.

Speaking from experience, the editors forward emails like this to the author in question. So it can take a bit; the authors aren't full-timers on the staff.

Ron Wanttaja