Thread: Aluminum Overcast flies over Lambeau Field!

Aluminum Overcast flies over Lambeau Field!

Last edited by Hal Bryan; 11-25-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Fixed video embed.

Banned
    Nice! Zack, was that you in the nose or in the bomb bay? If yes, there are certainly some outstanding benefits working for EAA.

Wasn't me. Wish it was!

This message was sent to EAA last night. It is an amazing coincidence in timing!

Hello,
    My name is Steve Holder. I am from Dayton, Ohio but grew up in Green Bay. My 90 year old father,Harry Holder passed away last week in Phoenix. Dad spent 30 years of his retirement in Green Bay. At his request Dad was flown to Green Bay on Saturday Nov 23, 2013 to be buried alongside of my mother. Dad was a WWII veteran who was a B-17 mechanic in England at Nuthampstead. He was a member of the 398 Air Force. His funeral service is Monday morning Nov 25, 2013 at Resurrection Catholic Church in Allouez (Green Bay).

Our family was thrilled to hear about and see the B-17 flyover at Lambeau field today. We thought it was so ironic that the flyover take place on the day before Dad is laid to rest. Dad was a huge Packer fan and aviation expert (aerospace engineer for 30 years) he wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Our immediate family has arrived from 5 different states to attend Dad`s funeral. We are all very grateful to the EAA,the Packers,Pilots and all who made this flyover possible.

Best Regards, Steve Holder

It is all the more incredible because EAA's B-17 carries the markings of the 398th Bomb Group, 8th Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    This message was sent to EAA last night. It is an amazing coincidence in timing!

Hello,
    My name is Steve Holder. I am from Dayton, Ohio but grew up in Green Bay. My 90 year old father,Harry Holder passed away last week in Phoenix. Dad spent 30 years of his retirement in Green Bay. At his request Dad was flown to Green Bay on Saturday Nov 23, 2013 to be buried alongside of my mother. Dad was a WWII veteran who was a B-17 mechanic in England at Nuthampstead. He was a member of the 398 Air Force. His funeral service is Monday morning Nov 25, 2013 at Resurrection Catholic Church in Allouez (Green Bay).

Our family was thrilled to hear about and see the B-17 flyover at Lambeau field today. We thought it was so ironic that the flyover take place on the day before Dad is laid to rest. Dad was a huge Packer fan and aviation expert (aerospace engineer for 30 years) he wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Our immediate family has arrived from 5 different states to attend Dad`s funeral. We are all very grateful to the EAA,the Packers,Pilots and all who made this flyover possible.

Best Regards, Steve Holder

It is all the more incredible because EAA's B-17 carries the markings of the 398th Bomb Group, 8th Air Force.
    Great story, and a wonderful coincidence! Thanks for sharing this.

That is a very touching note....and an interesting set of circumstances!

Robbie Culver
    Sonex 1517
    Robbie Culver
    Sonex #1517
    Taildragger
    AeroVee
    Currently working on the wings
    Chicagoland