Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum tweaks and suggestions

Hal,

New FORUM is Fantastic -- ( The old one was so frustratingly S L O W !! )

Great Job ...

Geoff

Hi Hal,

How about a link to the main website. Maybe even open it up in a new window so you could remain on the Forums while searching for something. I had opened the Forums from my favorites bar so I had not navigated through the EAA main site. The only link that I found that redirected me there was the Privacy Statment.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by David Gray; 08-05-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Yep, diggin the new forum.

Hal, the new forums are great. My only complaint is that I have to edit my posts to add CRLF's if I posted from my iPad, to separate paragraphs. But that's better than student pilot.com; apparently it uses the same software and it retains my paragraphs but won't save my edits...

The subscription mode does not work, at least for me. It is enabled in my control panel, but I don't get notifications. I have sent to emails to the webmaster and maybe that doesn't work either because no one has replied.
    Last edited by Check 6; 12-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    There must be an issue with a spam blocker somewhere... I know that the subscription stuff is working, though I have seen that one email address of mine is pretty adamant about blocking the messages. As for mails sent in to us, I can promise you that, if you haven't gotten a response, it's because I haven't gotten the mail. I respond to support requests and / or questions about the forums (and the other stuff in my world) no later than the next business day, and usually within an hour so. (That being said, I was out of the office Thursday and Friday of last week, so I got a *little* behind ... but I'm all caught up now.)

Is there another email address you can try, just to test it out?

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hmmm... I believe this was another growing pain we had on the PB. Apparently Comcast and Roadrunner were blocking emails from our server. A request was sent to them to unblock and all was well.

Perhaps this is the problem in this case?
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Question

I check my spam blocker daily. I have my own URL so not a problem with Comcast, etc. I am subscribed to this thread and I haven't received anything, in addition to other threads that I have subscriptions.

Regardless, I changed my settings to another email address, but same domain, but this shouldn't make any difference due to the settings in my mail server.

Note that I am a member of three other BB forums and I have never had a subscription problem.

I am still not receiving subscription notifications. Any update on a fix? Thanks.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I'm going to send you a PM, which should also trigger an email notification - let me know if you get an email there, that might help us narrow down the problem...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation