Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is why I love to Fly - GoPro Hero3+

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    +1, Bill.....I've gotten to where if a video starts and I hear music instead of engine noise....b-bye.... Just a personal preference of course. I like the 'flying' experience more than the 'production' experience, I guess. No offense intended those who prefer otherwise.

I have an interface cable for in-flight that connects between my cam and a headphone jack....a headset plugs into that. Records intercom, ATC, and flight sounds (as you hear them thru the headset). The cable was $30-something. I will agree in advance with whoever will say this is not applicable if the cam is out at the end of the wing or tail :-)
    I agree with this.

If I want to hear music I will search for that and listen. I like hearing engines and people talk when watching video's such as these.

Would you please post a link to the interface cable you have. I fly with a hand held so it may not work with my setup but for others whom have a GA setup with one plug this may be the ticket. I am sure you are talking a one plug unit. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post

Would you please post a link to the interface cable you have. I fly with a hand held so it may not work with my setup but for others whom have a GA setup with one plug this may be the ticket. I am sure you are talking a one plug unit. I could be wrong though.
    I'll get a link and maybe a pic for you in the morning. I'll start a new thread on the topic...apologies to the Smitty for the thread hijack.

Jim

No prob. Thanks Jim. I think the more videos we put out there, the more interest we can generate in getting people interested in aviation. I like doing all kinds of video, some with music, some with the actual audio track (engine noise, etc.) and some with a combination of both. I find that the subject matter of the video tends to dictate the sound track. With this video, I wanted to give people an idea of what it would be like if they were the pilot. Looking forward at where you're going, looking left at where you're going to land. Being a fan of the movie, Avatar, I chose the music to take the viewer to another world, the world of aviation.

Quote Originally Posted by SmittysRV View Post
    No prob. Thanks Jim. I think the more videos we put out there, the more interest we can generate in getting people interested in aviation. I like doing all kinds of video, some with music, some with the actual audio track (engine noise, etc.) and some with a combination of both. I find that the subject matter of the video tends to dictate the sound track. With this video, I wanted to give people an idea of what it would be like if they were the pilot. Looking forward at where you're going, looking left at where you're going to land. Being a fan of the movie, Avatar, I chose the music to take the viewer to another world, the world of aviation.
    Yes I agree with this it really does not matter what you put out, just put out something for others to see. What I do if I don't like the music I turn it down, but I will not stop watching the video, not if its about aviation. But it is nice to hear the engine and radio talk is a plus.

But I do not see the need for the go-pro. Its nice and all, I guess if you go under water, but with today's point and shoot you can get just as good of video and you do get audio. I have made my own mounts and mounted these all over my airplane. But in the cockpit is best. All my pics and video's I post are from a point and shoot.

The one I use today is a smart Camera and links to my wife's smart phone. She can operate the camera from her phone and see everything it see's on her phone. Its kinda cool. She can zoom it in and out and snap pics as she wants.

I am sure others have seen these.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 1600vw; 11-15-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Yes I agree with this it really does not matter what you put out, just put out something for others to see. What I do if I don't like the music I turn it down, but I will not stop watching the video, not if its about aviation. But it is nice to hear the engine and radio talk is a plus.

But I do not see the need for the go-pro. Its nice and all, I guess if you go under water, but with today's point and shoot you can get just as good of video and you do get audio. I have made my own mounts and mounted these all over my airplane. But in the cockpit is best. All my pics and video's I post are from a point and shoot.

The one I use today is a smart Camera and links to my wife's smart phone. She can operate the camera from her phone and see everything it see's on her phone. Its kinda cool. She can zoom it in and out and snap pics as she wants.

I am sure others have seen these.
    What kind of helmet, and mike muff setup do you have, there?
    I'm trying to find a nice setup for flying my ultralight.

Quote Originally Posted by I_FLY_LOW View Post
    What kind of helmet, and mike muff setup do you have, there?
    I'm trying to find a nice setup for flying my ultralight.
    http://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/avp...rostandard.php

I use all Comtronics radio Products. I purchased this when I flew ultralights that is why I have such a big mic muff. Its really not needed in my cockpit but works great. Most do not fly with a helmet, but I like using one. It would not take much to slam my head into the wooden dash and knock me out. Or what if I hit my head on the back panel behind my head. For safety I use a helmet.

I also have the smoked face shield and clear shield for mine.

You can find this equipment used but helmets I like to buy new.

Tony

Cool. I've been looking at their products, and wondered who's using what out there.
    Was your mike muff a custom thing, or included, but not shown in their ad?

BTW, this is the one I've been eying:
    http://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/avp...nhelmetshf.php

Quote Originally Posted by I_FLY_LOW View Post
    Cool. I've been looking at their products, and wondered who's using what out there.
    Was your mike muff a custom thing, or included, but not shown in their ad?

BTW, this is the one I've been eying:
    http://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/avp...nhelmetshf.php

The muff on the mic came that way. It is a nice setup and works really good. The helmet is also comfortable to wear.

I do like the helmet you posted a link to. Nice looking helmet.