Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why I love to Fly - GoPro Hero3+

This is why I love to Fly - GoPro Hero3+

We went up on a beautiful evening just to enjoy the scenery and do some practice landings. It puts me into a different and wonderful world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJx7dNlBnS0
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 11-12-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Fixed video embed.

Nicely done!

Those are nice views, but I think it would appeal to pilots more with engine sounds or even silence, rather than the creepy elevator music.

Yep. I'm going to Best Buy today to pick my new digital voice recorder, which will plug into the intercom. The next video will have a lower music volume with more engine and radio communication in it. Thanks for the good advice, Bill.

The GoPro is a real nice camera!

Very nice video!
    Makes me want to go flying.
    It's a tad chilly, and windy for an ultralight, right now, though.

Speaking of GoPro, here's a video I shot last week over our island, with the camera mounted on the wing of our RV-8A facing backwards. A somewhat unique perspective!

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-g...e_gdata_player

Nice video! I never thought about a rear view. I'll try that on my next video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Those are nice views, but I think it would appeal to pilots more with engine sounds or even silence, rather than the creepy elevator music.
    +1, Bill.....I've gotten to where if a video starts and I hear music instead of engine noise....b-bye.... Just a personal preference of course. I like the 'flying' experience more than the 'production' experience, I guess. No offense intended those who prefer otherwise.

I have an interface cable for in-flight that connects between my cam and a headphone jack....a headset plugs into that. Records intercom, ATC, and flight sounds (as you hear them thru the headset). The cable was $30-something. I will agree in advance with whoever will say this is not applicable if the cam is out at the end of the wing or tail :-)
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 11-14-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    +1, Bill.....I've gotten to where if a video starts and I hear music instead of engine noise....b-bye.... Just a personal preference of course. I like the 'flying' experience more than the 'production' experience, I guess. No offense intended those who prefer otherwise.

I have an interface cable for in-flight that connects between my cam and a headphone jack....a headset plugs into that. Records intercom, ATC, and flight sounds (as you hear them thru the headset). The cable was $30-something. I will agree in advance with whoever will say this is not applicable if the cam is out at the end of the wing or tail :-)
    I started out doing videos with engine noise, and, wow, were they hard to watch.

Now, I always use Dwayne O'Brien's songs about flying (from the album "Song Pilot" ) in the background. I do this for two reasons: First, I love his music. His songs truly touch a chord, resonating with many of the reasons I fly.

Second, he has kindly not copyrighted his songs, so YouTube let's us use them without hassle. If you try to use any other "flying" songs -- say, " Danger Zone", from Top Gun, as an example -- YouTube will ban your video for copyright violation.