If you are set on using this stuff, I would suggest that you spend the bucks and have a qualified design engineer do a sample joint analsys and comparison for you. Placing a compressable foam based tape, that is equal to or thicker than your two pieces of sheet metal in the middle of a structural joint, simply screams poor design for aircraft.

If there was a product like this that would work well in the aerospace industry, we would be using it commercially. Also, look at the design guys that have hundreds or thousands of their desings built or under construction...you won't see any of them using anything like this in a structural application.

You might want to do a cost analysis on using it too. Not only the tape cost, but the chemicals needed to prep the surfaces for bonding.

Lastly, I can tell you for a fact that it will not be a time saver at all. The necessary prep work, the extra care in riveting and the fact that you will need assistance in placing skins of any large size will kill your progress. Also, should you make any mistake in placement or need to remove the skin, you run a high risk of damaging the skin or understructure during the removal. Once you get the hang of riveting, you can shoot hundred of rivets in less time than messing with this tape.

A couple of things I noted from their website....They give no performance information at low temps...Also, they tout this stuff as a shock absorbing material....just what you want (NOT...) in a structural joint for something you are wanting to be as failure free as possible. They also say that it is solvent resistant, but give no ratings as to what they have tested it against. Are you willing to bet your life that it wasn't attacked by the paint you used, that little bit of gasloine you spilled on the joint or by the little bit of oil that is runing down the crack? You do know that oil, gas, lacquer thinner, acetone and MEK all attack acrylics?

Food for your thought.......