Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annual Inspection runout during engine Overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I believe if the founder wanted the GA world to be part of this it would be the EAA-GA. I do not believe the founder had GA in mind when he started this club. I believe GA was left outside and only experimentals was the subject at hand.
    Now correct me on this and set me straight for I am sure I am wrong and Paul was all about GA and wanted this club to be more General Aviation based.
    Tony
    Paul said from the very beginning "There is room for everyone." If you have not read his book you might want to consider it. Don't forget, his first airplane was a production airplane. Over the years he flew every type of aircraft...certified production, military and EAB. One thing for certain, Paul did not and would not discriminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stadt View Post
    Paul said from the very beginning "There is room for everyone." If you have not read his book you might want to consider it. Don't forget, his first airplane was a production airplane. Over the years he flew every type of aircraft...certified production, military and EAB. One thing for certain, Paul did not and would not discriminate.

Another poster from IL. If nothing else we got you talking...This is great..

Yes I believe Dave you are correct, but the subject was and is Experimental. I believe the General Aviation sector brings great wisdom along with them, but we do play by a different set of rules. We have those and maybe I am one of them whom do not want these rules to be intermingled or become one.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Also it takes an A&P to work on a Certified airplane. My 5 year old Grand daughter could work on my airplane and its legal.
    It takes an A&P to approve for return to service work done on a Certified airplane. Your 5-year-old Grand daughter can work on a certified airplane as long as her work is signed off by a mechanic. I restored my certified glider before I had my airframe certificate...