Thread: Good headset service

Good headset service

I use Bose headsets in my Bonanza, they are fairly comfortable and do a good job of active noise cancelling. The guy who does my annual usually takes all my personal stuff and packs it away in the baggage area, and yes, I know I should have moved it myself but ran short of time.
    After the annual one on my headsets would receive but not transmit; and I found a frayed wire, The cord plugs in low on the left sidewall and the cord runs near the fuel selector, so I suspect it may have gotten caught under the selector.
    Anyway I phoned Bose and found that I had bought the model X just over 5 years ago and was thus outside the warranty period, but they said send it in. They repaired it at no charge and had it back within a week.
    That is good service. If I bought another I would consider Bose, but I don't need the extra Blueberry or whatever that is with the new model, I just want to be able to hear and transmit well.

I use David Clarks in another noisier plane and they are better for passive noise blocking, but I have read not as good for active noise cancelling. I had mine modified by Headsets, Inc. in Amarillo to add active noise cancelling, seems to work fairly well.
    D C has long had a good reputation for fine service also. There sets are made very well, and stand up to a lot of use. I have not had to have one repaired in some years.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 11-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Banned
    Bill, not at all surprised by your good fortune with Bose. They have a fabulous reputation for customer service and will always help you out even if you're out of warranty free of charge. I'll bet you didn't even have to pay for shipping. This is an aviation company that deserves everyone's support.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Bill, not at all surprised by your good fortune with Bose. They have a fabulous reputation for customer service and will always help you out even if you're out of warranty free of charge. I'll bet you didn't even have to pay for shipping. This is an aviation company that deserves everyone's support.
    No they won't. I've fought with them a good bit after being super nice.