Thread: National Air and Space Museum Open House -- Jan 25 -- KIAD

National Air and Space Museum Open House -- Jan 25 -- KIAD

Those of you who have been around a while will remember that the Smithsonian used to open their Garber storage/restoration facility in Suitland one day a year to get in and see the shops and various behind the scenes activities. This all ground to a halt as they started transitioning everything to the Udvar-Hazy center out at Dulles, well...it's back....

Next Saturday, will be the first time you'll be able to get into the restoration facility out at Dulles along with lots of other behind-the-scenes fun.

http://airandspace.si.edu/events/detail.cfm?id=8757

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Those of you who have been around a while will remember that the Smithsonian used to open their Garber storage/restoration facility in Suitland one day a year to get in and see the shops and various behind the scenes activities. This all ground to a halt as they started transitioning everything to the Udvar-Hazy center out at Dulles, well...it's back....

Next Saturday, will be the first time you'll be able to get into the restoration facility out at Dulles along with lots of other behind-the-scenes fun.

http://airandspace.si.edu/events/detail.cfm?id=8757
    Close but no cigar, I land in DC for work on Monday 1/27!
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Oh well, but you can still visit the museum. Plenty to see even outside the restoration area (which you can look down into from an overhead glass viewing area).

Well I am changing MY plans for Saturday. (Easy for me as I live 10 miles south of Dulles.)