Thread: EAA web site and other jokes I have heard?

mmcgrew

Sad EAA web site and other jokes I have heard?

I simply do not understand the lack of progress on renovation of the EAA web site. Are they using the same developers as OBAMACARE? I like to check the schedule of events for places to fly and it never seems to be up to date. When I attempt to visit other sites the system stalls, freezes or just quits. Lets get with it EAA staff. This site is a very important vehicle for member interface.

Michael

mmcgrew
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcgrew View Post
    I simply do not understand the lack of progress on renovation of the EAA web site. Are they using the same developers as OBAMACARE? I like to check the schedule of events for places to fly and it never seems to be up to date. When I attempt to visit other sites the system stalls, freezes or just quits. Lets get with it EAA staff. This site is a very important vehicle for member interface.

Michael
    Case in point. This Sat EAA 182 breakfast. EAA 699 breakfast. These are recurring events. Why are they not shown as permanent entries?

There is a MAJOR renovation of the EAA website(s) going on behind the scenes right now. It's been going on for some time now and is THE priority for the EAA IT team. Changes (for the better) are coming. Just be patient, as it is a massive task for a relatively small team. I can assure you they are working very diligently to improve the member experience with EAA's online presence.

Zack

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcgrew View Post
    Case in point. This Sat EAA 182 breakfast. EAA 699 breakfast. These are recurring events. Why are they not shown as permanent entries?
    The EAA events calendar doesn't support recurring events - it's the responsibility of the event organizer to enter each occurrence. Yes, this means a few minutes of extra work each month (or whatever) but it's the best way we've found to ensure that event information is accurate and up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    There is a MAJOR renovation of the EAA website(s) going on behind the scenes right now. It's been going on for some time now and is THE priority for the EAA IT team. Changes (for the better) are coming. Just be patient, as it is a massive task for a relatively small team. I can assure you they are working very diligently to improve the member experience with EAA's online presence.

Zack
    Ditto. This is a massive undertaking, rebuilding from the ground up and consolidating thousands and thousands of pages of content that's currently spread across something like 25 websites that we currently maintain. We will take whatever time is needed to make sure we get it right. We've all seen firsthand what would happen if we didn't.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

As chapter newsletter writer, I took it upon myself to enter our breakfast dates in the EAA Calendar - but there are other places to enter information about aviation events and learn about what it going on.

Social Flight

Fun Places to Fly

Both of them depend upon people entering dates, etc. for an aviation event. We also have a state pilot's group and I enter the dates there also

CarlB, Editor of Triple Nickle

Let's hope this website build does not end up costing almost a billion dollars. (sarcasm)