Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What aircraft would you like to see at AV14?

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band! Not an airplane, but sure would be a great concert for the big square. Anyone else second this motion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wsquare View Post
    Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band! Not an airplane, but sure would be a great concert for the big square. Anyone else second this motion?
    Hereby seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by JimRice85 View Post
    Mine.
    My words, exactly. (Hush, Charlie. I'll get it built someday. Maybe.)

Lancaster.

How about an Airventure that actually features homebuilt, vintage, warbird aerobatic and ultralight aircraft front and center and relegates the big commercial displays to the sidelines? A radical idea, I admit....
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by cluttonfred View Post
    How about an Airventure that actually features homebuilt, vintage, warbird aerobatic and ultralight aircraft front and center and relegates the big commercial displays to the sidelines? A radical idea, I admit....
    While I understand everyone saying your aircraft, and the sentiments of the above statement, it was not what I meant by my original post. To the statement quoted here, I do believe this is done, 90% of the aircraft at Oshkosh are the very planes you mentioned. You want these hightlight in the square in addition to their respective areas? If anyone at the show wants to see these aircraft, just find the big pole that shows exactly where to find them, right up there on the flightline!

I know my limitations, I will never build an airplane. I just do not have all the skills or patience for such a project, even if I could aford it. But I do know I love big warbirds, and the only place I am able to see them fly is if they are at AV. I would have never seen a Concord if one had not been at AV. I would have never seen an F-117 if it had not been at AV, and a whole host of other aircraft that have been featured on the square. These are the aircraft I am talking about.

Not to discredit the home builders, I have great admiration to all those who have undertook such a project to completion. I understand you want to show off your creation, and there are areas that bring those aircraft front and center. Maybe a representation for each of the group always be on the square, a new plane each day would be a great idea!

We understand. "Mine" is not a statement about how great our own airplanes are. It is a statement that we want to see them there because that means WE are there, and arrived there in the most appropriate manner possible. It is similar to a post I made to another thread: "What airplane do you think of when your think of AirVenture." My response, like the ones above, was "My own, touching down on the yellow dot and hearing the tower say: Welcome to Oshkosh."

Other than that? My answer would be, "All of them."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    We understand. "Mine" is not a statement about how great our own airplanes are. It is a statement that we want to see them there because that means WE are there, and arrived there in the most appropriate manner possible. It is similar to a post I made to another thread: "What airplane do you think of when your think of AirVenture." My response, like the ones above, was "My own, touching down on the yellow dot and hearing the tower say: Welcome to Oshkosh."

Other than that? My answer would be, "All of them."

Why has the ME-262 never made it to OSH? That would be cool to see!

Quote Originally Posted by jjhoneck View Post
    Why has the ME-262 never made it to OSH? That would be cool to see!
    Seconded! My dad would flip out for that!