Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaaahhhhh, This Looks Vaguely Familiar

I'd never heard of them in an aviation application before, I imagine it'd be even more useful if you had a larger seaplane.
    I seem to remember seeing one amphibious kitplane that was advertised with photos of a little trolling motor mounted off the cockpit so you could fish from it - can't find it right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Falcons has it right. It's a tiny outboard motor, should be electric, one-half horsepower. Shut down the engine, extend the thruster hidden within the fuselage and use/direct it for docking(if possible) or beaching from within the cockpit. A neat little item.
    What's interesting is that they have enough margin below the LSA weight limit that they feel they can include furlebows and geegaws like this. Either that, or they haven't done a serious weight budget yet...

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    What's interesting is that they have enough margin below the LSA weight limit that they feel they can include furlebows and geegaws like this. Either that, or they haven't done a serious weight budget yet...

Ron Wanttaja
    Forget the doodads, I couldn't help but notice the use of a big Lycoming.
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
    Forget the doodads, I couldn't help but notice the use of a big Lycoming.
    Big horsepower engines are being used on other LSAs. For example, Cubcrafters Carbon Cub SS is a SLSA that utilizes a 180HP engine. The engine is a ECI Titan CC340 which has been certified to ASTM standards. It makes this Cub a high performance light sport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dembroski View Post
    I'd never heard of them in an aviation application before, I imagine it'd be even more useful if you had a larger seaplane.
    When/if the Seawind(yes, that same former EAB kit)gets certified-they're getting very close- they are making such a piece of equipment available.