Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
I saw this on TV when I was in Canada on one of many visits - I really enjoyed it! You just reminded me that, somehow, I don't own it - off to Amazon! I was at the rollout of the full-scale Arrow mockup at Downsview as well - such a shame about the fate of that museum!
Hal, if you can't find it on Amazon, I have a copy I'd be glad to have you borrow. You can then make your own copy. CAVEAT EMPTOR: It's a VHS final cut production copy(remember, this was 1996, no DVD's yet or players) struck from the original 35mm print.

That debacle at Downsview still goes on with no resolution. The museum is still looking for a home and all the artifacts remain in storage. Very sad situation mainly because its still federal crown land.

Here's an epilogue to the Avro Arrow story that will not go away. It's one of those great urban myths. For 54 years the tale has circulated that one of the Arrows(there were only 6 production models, I believe) escaped the cutters torch at Malton(Toronto Pearson International), was flown to Muskoka Airport(7,000' runway) in Bracebridge, Ontario, taken apart and trucked to Barrie, Ontario(about 50 miles north of Toronto) where it remains to this day in an undisclosed location. Most experts on the subject believe this to be totally untrue, including the original test pilot who I met at one of the first screenings for cast and crew and distributors.

However, the real thing- a full cockpit section only- resides at the National Aviation Museum in Ottawa.