Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone help ,what is it.........

Here are mor picsName:  P1010005.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  93.0 KBName:  P1010006.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  99.6 KBName:  P1010007.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  99.3 KBName:  P1010008.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  92.8 KBName:  P1010009.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  90.0 KBName:  P1010010.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  89.3 KBName:  P1010011.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  95.2 KBName:  P1010012.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  100.8 KBName:  P1010013.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  101.4 KB

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    It has seen better days, that's for sure. The rudder/brakes pedals (on left side) look like they have some corrosion on them to the point I'm not sure they would be usable. I'd be equally concerned with the gas tank if it has been left outside.

Without being able to see it in person, I'd be hard pressed to offer much for the parts. I'm over in Memphis. Were it closer, I might be interested in buying and dragging it home. I'm just afraid what little is left isn't useable.

You might want to contact Swift Works in Dayton, TN or the Swift Museum Foundation in Athens to see if they are interested in it.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimRice85 View Post
    It has seen better days, that's for sure. The rudder/brakes pedals (on left side) look like they have some corrosion on them to the point I'm not sure they would be usable. I'd be equally concerned with the gas tank if it has been left outside.

Without being able to see it in person, I'd be hard pressed to offer much for the parts. I'm over in Memphis. Were it closer, I might be interested in buying and dragging it home. I'm just afraid what little is left isn't useable.

You might want to contact Swift Works in Dayton, TN or the Swift Museum Foundation in Athens to see if they are interested in it.
    I will contact them to see if any interest if not it will go for scrap,again many thanks Jim Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by I am papasmurf View Post
    I will contact them to see if any interest if not it will go for scrap,again many thanks Jim Rogers
    If you go scrap route, I'd still be interested in gambling on the actual left side rudder pedals and the gas tank.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

If you go scrap route, I'd still be interested in gambling on the actual left side rudder pedals and the gas tank.
    Jim, I spoke with Pam at the Swift Museum and and she was more then helpful,also she dont wont to see the plane scraped,so at this point i have agreed to work with her to save all parts untill she view the photos,and she is only 45 mile from me.I will keep you posted here as i find out what the outcome will be.......Jim Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by I am papasmurf View Post
    Jim, I spoke with Pam at the Swift Museum and and she was more then helpful,also she dont wont to see the plane scraped,so at this point i have agreed to work with her to save all parts untill she view the photos,and she is only 45 mile from me.I will keep you posted here as i find out what the outcome will be.......Jim Rogers
    Tell Pam she owes me. . Hope it works out. Going to Swift Museum is best deal, IMHO.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

Parts at the swift museum

Tell Pam she owes me. . Hope it works out. Going to Swift Museum is best deal, IMHO.
    Jim,Many thanks for your help,the plane made it to Pam and she seemed happy to get it,i told her that she owed you one she laughed and and said she would probably hear from you soon,again many thanks.......Jim Rogers.
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 11-01-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Fixed quote.