Thread: How do I go about finding a DAR in Northwest Iowa

How do I go about finding a DAR in Northwest Iowa

I have an aircraft that I am just going through the 2 stroke engine and will need to have a DAR inspection soon within a month or two, I hope, How do I go about finding a DAR to do the inspection?

Here is a list we have on our 'old' homebuilt headquarters page. While not completely up to date, most are working and are active.

http://members.eaa.org/home/govt/help/ab_dar.asp
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

FAA.gov. Search FSDO. There is only one in Iowa. Des Moines. Each FSDO has their own web site. Under Resources find Designees and Delegations. There is a list of DAR's to choose from.
    Happy hunting.
    Dave

Here is the FAA's latest DAR directory.

Here is a breakdown of the function codes.

Thank You for the quick responses, I am finishing up a homebuilt project that has been scratch built on and off for the past 10 years, I don't speak legalese, how do I Decipher the function codes. I have a bit of time yet I have paint and need to go throught the Rotax engine, but I am close, building on a fixed income these last couple of years literally $100 at a time, but if I wanted too, I could hang my engine and fly it in silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    Here is a list we have on our 'old' homebuilt headquarters page. While not completely up to date, most are working and are active.

http://members.eaa.org/home/govt/help/ab_dar.asp
    Chad,
    Could you take this internally and maybe get a better solution. As EAA members we should be able to come to the EAA site and find active DARs and also CFIs with LODAs for transition training.

The information should be current and updated (hopefully by the individual).

I believe that EAA committed to NTSB do do that for LODAs.

Ideally, there would be a way for members to provide feedback on these individuals as well.

Think Angie's list for EAA.

It would be nice to have current kit and plans companies as well, but that is a whole other discussion.

I found that the sport pilot instructor list was hopefully out of date 2 years ago, The DAR list isn't real good as for working DARs, or living and I have met only one person with a LODA so far

Quote Originally Posted by Trackwelder View Post
    , I don't speak legalese, how do I Decipher the function codes.
    Function code 46 is for experimental amateur built aircraft.

The DAR I work with had experimentals dropped from his designation. Why? Several reasons: Homebuilders didn't want to pay the going rate for DARs. The insurance cost alone makes it impractical and to operate without is too risky. Lastly, the way he put it to builders, "Your a great guy and won't sue me for an accident in your airplane, but your survivors won't be so understanding...."