Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I just took my first flight the other day with the Young Eagles, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. I wasn't too enthusiastic about it at first, but now that I've flown, Its all I can think about! Anyways, I'll be hanging around the forums and chime in when I can. Thanks

Welcome, Dustin. How old are you and what are you thinking of doing to get more involved in aviation? Cheers, Matthew
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Welcome to the EAA, Dustin. Feel free to hang out and read the threads here...you'll learn a lot by just listening to what the experts here have to say. Then, when you have a question, ask!
    Classic airplanes at historic Red Stewart Airfield, Waynesville, OH: http://s1075.beta.photobucket.com/us...ic%20Airplanes

I'm 16. I'm going through Sporty's Learn To Fly course now and right now I'm just taking in as much information as I can to kinda get a head start. Thanks

Will do. Thanks

Welcome to the EAA Forums, Dustin! The Sporty's course is a great follow-up to a Young Eagles ride! You might also be interested in some of the advanced camps that are offered through EAA's Air Academy: http://www.youngeagles.org/programs/...ssoverview.asp

Don't hesitate to post any aviation questions you have here on the forums. We have a number of mechanics, flight instructors, and folks with many years of experience under their belts that participate here, and they'll be happy to give you good advice if you ask for it.

Cheers,
    Zack

Oh, I hadn't heard about the camp. That seems pretty cool. Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna look into it.

Hey Dustin. I'm 13, I'm in Young Eagles and I'm taking the Sporty's Course, even though I'm too young to get a pilot license. I've been here for a few weeks and I've learned a lot from looking at these threads. Hope to hear from you more.

Quote Originally Posted by rmock View Post
    Hey Dustin. I'm 13, I'm in Young Eagles and I'm taking the Sporty's Course, even though I'm too young to get a pilot license. I've been here for a few weeks and I've learned a lot from looking at these threads. Hope to hear from you more.
    Cool. The younger the better. Got more time to take all the info in. Are you going for your PPL?

Hey Dustin. It sounds like you have been bitten pretty hard by the flying bug and since there is no cure for the addiction, you will just have to keep doing it. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Aviation!!!!!