Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avenger V with 1/2 VW and traffic alert

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    I'm asking for data because you have formed and expressed an opinon, no doubt based on your experience, that A&P mechanics are not capable of inspecting/repairing a homebuilt. One bad apple does not spoil the whole barrel.

Marty I had nother A&P whom works on Helicopters help me install my new prop. He graps the torque wrench and tightens each bolt to torque not going in a X pattern but one after the other. After he is done I check the tracking and guess what the prop is way off track. I take the wrench from him and as I am loosening the bolts explaining why when torquing something you need to go in an X pattern.
    He is saying things like my crank and or prop. I let him rant.
    I re-torque the prop not only going in a X pattern but stepping it down 3 times to torque value. After I am done I recheck tracking and it perfect. To this day this A&P will not talk to me. I am a know it all. I have heard him tell others this.
    He wont even say hello......

Please everyone I am not knocking these men. They where trying to help me. I am pointing out you must watch whom works on your EAB. Just because they hold the title A&P does not mean they will do the job correctly.

I had another A&P whom works on Helicopters help me repair my wooden wing spar. He did some of the best work I have seen. Then another A&P whom walked by and pointed a couple things out to me and guess what. I ignored him. What he told me about came back and did just what he said and I am lucky to be here typing this today. I will listen to everything any A&P tells me. I just watch what they do. When you find one that works good for you stick with him and take care of him or her.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Please everyone I am not knocking these men. They where trying to help me. I am pointing out you must watch whom works on your EAB. Just because they hold the title A&P does not mean they will do the job correctly.

I had another A&P whom works on Helicopters help me repair my wooden wing spar. He did some of the best work I have seen. Then another A&P whom walked by and pointed a couple things out to me and guess what. I ignored him. What he told me about came back and did just what he said and I am lucky to be here typing this today. I will listen to everything any A&P tells me. I just watch what they do. When you find one that works good for you stick with him and take care of him or her.
    I am sorry that was not a spar but a rib.