I am sure there are previous threads related to this subject, but I'll start this on anyway. Last weekend, I participated in the Electrical Systems and Avionics workshop in Peachtree City, Ga. This is the third workshop that I have attended. I participated in the Fabric Covering workshop a few weeks ago and the Sheet Metal Basics workshop a little over a year ago.

If you are just getting started in your project, or are reading these threads contemplating starting a project, I highly recommend that you find a program that interests you and go for it. Charlie Becker and the rest of the crew do a great job passing along decades of knowledge and experience. Additionally, the instructors that I have worked with seem to really enjoy what they are doing. Obviously, this helps get the messages across.

In this last program, in addition to fiddling around with a few basic assembly projects, I felt I came away with numerous tidbits of information about electrical systems, antennas, tools, etc. that will be useful in my Nieuport build, and also with keeping up with my 1965 Citabria 7ECA. To say the least, 48 years of mods have created an interesting wiring system in that plane.

I highly recommend these workshops.

Dale