Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New FAA Ruling ?

Gratifying that technology has kept pace with the problem. I assume that the commercial version of the the P-8's dispenser would have the capacity equal of the sum of all seats on a Airbus 380.

From today's news....

"(CNN) -- Airplane travelers will soon be able to watch videos and play games with their electronic devices throughout their flights -- and not just above a certain altitude -- the Federal Aviation Administration said Thursday in a long-anticipated announcement."

Entertainment but no talking.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Back on 9-23 when I started this topic, it was because of news stories that I saw in the general media; whether true or not, I didn't invent these stories.
    Most of you responding disagreed with me, and the gist of the stories and continued to insist that the ban on PEDs was factual and valid.
    "FLYING RON" wrote "The FAA isn't bending or changing the rules" and "The FAA has done nothing regulatory", and seemed pretty upset that I wrote about this and especially how the ban defied common sense in the first place.
    So now, just as I wrote and just as Wes wrote yesterday, the FAA has made it official with an announcement that PED can be used anytime on airplanes, below 10,000 taking off and landing, etc. The new ruling doesn't allow cell phone calls.
    There is a little more detail ,the airlines have to say they have a plan to comply. I am not sure how you have a plan not to hassle passengers, but that is what it amounts to.
    Delta has already announced that they are ready for this, and it is pretty obvious that any airline that wants to compete is going to do the same. Without this nonsense to babble over the P A system, I wonder what the stews will spend their time doing now, and what are they going to do with all the left over Kool Aid they had been serving for decades.
    For some this is a big deal, but I don't even own or know how to use an Ipad,
    BUT STILL, ANYTIME THE FAA OR ANY GOVT AGENCY CHANGES A POLICY, IT IS A BIG DEAL, AND SOMETHING PRETTY RARE TO WITNESS.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 11-01-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Delta has already announced that they are ready for this, and it is pretty obvious that any airline that wants to compete is going to do the same. Without this nonsense to babble over the P A system, I wonder what the stews will spend their time doing now, and what are they going to do with all the left over Kool Aid they had been serving for decades.
    I flew two segments on Delta yesterday. The first was on one of their regional airlines. It was business as usual. The FA even joked that this was one of the few aircraft in the Delta fleet that PEDs were still not authorized for use. The second segment was on one of their 737s. PEDs were allowed, but they did require larger devices like laptops to be stowed during take off and landing.

It had been awhile since I've flown commerically. It was also a pleasant surprise in that Delta now has humerous video safety briefings. I saw two different versions of them over the weekend. It's taken them awhile to follow SWA's lead in using humor to get people to pay attention.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Aviation Engineers 0
    Politicians/ Mob Rule 1

Next up the Health Profession VS Politicians / Mob Rule.