Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to grow a chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonex1517 View Post
    Having no communication with members.

I wondered for some time if this was me, but the more EAA members I talk to, the more I realize it is not. The problem is real.
    Same here Robbie. In December I received a membership invoice from the local EAA chapter. I fill out the blanks, write a check stuff it in an envelope because I'm about to leave town. I can't find an address to mail it to. I send an email to the secretary and ask for a mailing address. No reply. Send several more emails, nary a response. Oh well, guess I won't be a member of that chapter this year.

Airplanes do not care what color you are, religion you are...or nationality you are. Lets do some flying!
    I have a commentary from a chapter member that is upset with his chapter consistently talking politics at their meetings in the next CHAPTERGRAM OPEN MIC section. Dont miss it.
    Also, planes do not care what your political affliation is.

If you want to improve a chapter, I recommend listening to the recent web seminar presented by the folks at Fitchburg, Mass. It's at http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=3062707068001
    I thought they have some very good ideas and policies. The whole thing is about 1:25, but the main presentation is about 30 minutes.