Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning to start a 4 seater in Argentina

Bearhawk. Simple, good user community, great designer (Bob Barrows, a friend of mine), lots of room, fast enough, rugged, good for short strips (you should see Barrows airstrip in the Appalachians!), good looking plane. Not sure I'd use a Subaru though, contact Bob Barrows for engine suggestions, he builds them for experimental planes.

You might look into the Wagaero 2+2 . Wood Wing with a Metal tube Fuse.
    Simple to build with a good community online
    for building and flying advice. You can build it from plans.http://www.wagaero.com

Thank you very much guys for info. I'm still looking forward to build.

Quote Originally Posted by sdluna View Post
    Hello all: My name is Sergio Luna and I am from Argentina.

I allways longed to build my own aicraft, my own design if possible, and now I found myelf starting to find time, space and money to start building.
    As I said, I'd love to build my own design but I think it might be faster, safer and overall better to build "from previuos experience".
    I was thinking something on the line of a 4 seater bede-4 since I saw it at 2000 Oshkosh and I loved it. Any other 4 seater that might take a Subaru auto engine might also do.

I am open to all suggestions, comments, critics and salutations!!

I will be attending my local chapter, of course but I want to hear from all of you too.

I'm an Argentinian Civil Aviation Authority aeronutical technician, aicraft mechanic. Also a FAA A&P and I have an Industrial Engeeniering degree.

You know...this thread is long since gone dormant....but I studied all the 4 place planes out there and I bought plans set for both these planes....I could not make up my mind they are both so good...

Bearhawk and CH640.... Both can carry 4 real people baggage and fuel to go cross country...

Michael

RV-10.
    - Stan Cooper (K4DRD), Private Pilot ASEL, LSR-I, EAA 115792 Lifetime Member, EAA Chapter 124
    Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B, N601KE, KSTS