Thread: 100LL and the Subaru EA81

100LL and the Subaru EA81

More than a year ago I asked if anyone had experience with avgas in a Subaru engine. Response was quick and affirmed that it worked just fine. I just completed a 25 hour cross-country trip from northern Alberta to southern Manitoba and back running 100LL all the way. Aside from a slightly rough-running low end, the Bing-equipped EA81 seems to be quite happy with avgas. Good thing since auto fuel would have presented some difficult logistics. All in all a very good trip and a real boost in the confidence I now have in this engine and airframe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's good to know and it sounds like it was a fun trip. Any more pictures?

David

Images of the journey

The Assiniboine River produces a spectacular valley in what is otherwise very flat western Manitoba geography.
    My hand towel and 3 clothespins worked perfectly to block out some of the intense sunshine enjoyed throughout the trip.
    The windmills are substantial structures all over the continent but have only begun to appear in southern Manitoba.
    On the return trip, my brother pulled some strings in Camrose, Alberta and my little airplane was able to spend the night with a Harvard AND a Beech Bonanza - some of my favorite airplanes of all time.
    Attached Images Attached Images