Thread: We've been working hard on a free Digital Builder's Logbook, and it's now done!

We've been working hard on a free Digital Builder's Logbook, and it's now done!

Hey all,

I posted this in Hangar Talk, but it's probably better here...

I'm new to this forum (though not EAA) and I wanted to let everyone know of a cool new FREE Digital Builder Log we made.

Key features include:

• Create a construction logbook where each entry you can track: Hours you spent/budgeted, $ you budgeted, the Category (wings, engine, etc), Work Description, and Date. Upload unlimited images per entry
    • Create expense line items for each construction log entry where you can track: Quantity, Cost, Tax, Shipping, Total Costs, Category, Units, Vendor, Notes, Item Name, and Upload unlimited images per line item.
    • Share with unlimited users and grant them read only/read-edit-write/and full permissions
    • Download all of your data to Excel
    • Public facing side for you to optionally share your progress with friends without their needing to log in
    • API access to retrieve your data and store/display it however and wherever you please
    • Coming soon: Cool graphs/reports of how you're progression is going

We take customer feedback very seriously and it's the main reason we are where we are. This was launched earlier this week, and already we added the publicly facing sharing and API because someone wanted it. We can't necessarily do everything, but my goal is to build the best damn builder log possible, and the only way to do that is to listen to all of you. Oh, and I also want to keep it free forever! It's our way of giving back and trying to improve GA.

So, I encourage you to give it a try!

You can learn more here, and you can sign up here.

Thanks!

Will

In an effort to make this the most powerful Builder Log out there (free or paid, and this one is free), I am proud to say you can now do electronic signatures with your builder's log. To my knowledge, this is the only platform in existence that allows for this.

I also added the ability to track how many hours you've built as a percentage of the whole project. This way you know if you're over 50%. Soon I'll build some nice what-if calculators. Like, "What if I have my mechanic pound out 10 hours of work for me" or "How many hours do I need to get above 50%", etc, that will then tell you what your future build percentage will be.

Edit: To be clear, tracking the time you built for the purposes of obtaining your Repairman certificate isn't very straightforward. However, this system lets you categorize all your times (and credit allocations) by Category (wings, engine, etc) and Type of work (Fabrication/Assembly), so filling in that long form required by the FAA will be a breeze!
    Last edited by willgoldstein; 05-18-2017 at 09:20 AM.