Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schwartz View Post
Last January, right after I soloed, my flight school sold their LSA. The closest rentable LSA is a 2.5 hour drive away. With my schedule only allowing me to fly on weekends combined with Michigan weather, I managed only 5 lessons this summer. Bouncing between 2 instructors with very different teaching methods, I have not soloed the new plane. With winter coming it seems less likely that I could finish my training anytime soon. I have been thinking about going someplace that offers accelerated training. I would like to hear about other people's experiences with these schools. I'll be heading to Orlando for vacation this December, if anyone could recommend something in central Florida.Thanks,Larry
Hang in there. I soloed in 1985 and finished in 2011. Why not train for a private pilot license and proceed to solo, then transition to sport pilot (or finish the private). A Cessna 150 cannot be much different than a sky catcher. As an aside I am based in SE MI and there is a sky catcher for rent at KVLL