Thread: In the Name of Saftey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In the Name of Saftey

Being I fly what I call a slow mover something a step above ultralight. Also have no electric system or radio nor transponder. I watch close for what I call fast movers, anything 90+. Also being that I fly from a small grass strip that offers a fuel stop for the local air-e-vac team I worry about, seen and being seen.
    I fly what is more like a razer back style plane. Meaning I can not look behind me. So a fast mover from behind has my concerns as do any.

So I installed a Monroy ATD 300 traffic watch system. I can not say enough about this product. I mounted it using the stock antenna and it works great. It has made me aware more then a few times of traffic coming on my 6 or near 6 at not much higher then I was flying or right at my altitude.

Since I have no electric I power this with a 2650 Mil amp 14.8 volt Lipo battery. I have yet to use over 300 mil amp out of this battery and that was flying with it three days at 1 hr a day so 3 hrs use total.

Now I would not fly without it. A fellow pilot friend was on the ground with me when this unit went off. He said I want one of those, at first I thought it was just another toy but I really like that. I said...Me too.

Anyone else use this or anything like this? I am speaking to all non-electric style airplanes.
    Attached Images Attached Images