Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Radio archives

EAA Radio archives

Does anyone know when they post the interviews from this years Airventure in the archives? It seems to me that 2012 was posted sooner than september, but i may be wrong about that. Looking forward to listening to all the interviews and programs i missed live. Jim

The silence is deafening!

So, what happened this year? It seems like the weather has been perfect for website editing...

They have been playing interviews from 2013 for a while now.

I should have been more clear. It's not just the interviews, but all the segments, and streaming doesn't do it for what I use it for. EAA Radio does such a FANTASTIC job during Airventure, and if the archives aren't updated (and formatted correctly (2011's formatting was much better than 2012's), a lot of the value of what they do is lost.

I have never tried listening to the stream. I like to look though them all and pick out the ones I would like to listen too. I also agree with Ken, the 2011 format was more complete than 2012. I think I read somewhere that the website will be overhauled and mabey they are waiting until that's done. 168 days until Oshkosh, I need a fix!

The EAA radio stream is currently running content from AirVenture 2013 on 3 of 4 segments each hour. The fourth segment each hour is a "classic" from previous years. I am working with EAA staff to get the 2013 archives available. Hopefully it will be part of the new EAA.org & AirVenture.org website to be debuted this spring.

You can find a link to the EAA Radio web stream on the AirVenture.org and EAA.org sites under the "Multimedia" tab. I would also suggest trying the TuneIn Radio app for smartphones and tablets. We can be found there by searching "EAA".

Thanks for your kind words and support, and THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Jim Gray - EAA Radio Station Manager & Chairman
    EAA #610472
    Jim Gray
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    http://eaaradio.net

Jim- Nice to see someone in an official position show up in this thread!

A couple of points:
    1. "Hopefully it will be part of the new EAA.org & AirVenture.org website to be debuted this spring." ??? (or more correctly, WTF!) EAA Radio is such a fantastic outreach that it is inconceivable to me that it wouldn't be part of "the new website". So, let's have all this great volunteer effort, not properly make the archives available, and now maybe not even put it on the website? Where can I short EAA stock?
    2. One thing that WAY too many programmers (and companies, and I'm not trying to single out EAA by any means) fail to grasp is that many of their Customers access their website from work, and that many companies disable a lot of things on their computer (such as Java and Active-X) and as a result, the fancy things the programmers put in don't work (and sometimes, the entire website doesn't work). So, the prime demographic these companies are trying to reach is the same one they are excluding. I mention this because TuneIn is DOA on my computer at work (not to mention we aren't supposed to be listening to streaming content anyway, but are allowed to download files and then listen to them). I hope the new website doesn't win awards for all the fancy content while being unusable to many members.

Hey, they finally added 2013! OOPS, except the recordings in the 2013 file are the recordings from 2012! Glad to see everthing else has been migrated over. Still looking forward to hearing 2013 at some point. i know it must be a huge project. We are still out here lurking and looking! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jfred65 View Post
    Hey, they finally added 2013! OOPS, except the recordings in the 2013 file are the recordings from 2012!
    Actually, it's the 2012 AND the 2013 archives! Sorry for the confusion, but the excellent EAA web team is working to correct the issue!