Thread: The average person

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My primary ground vehicle is a motorcycle that cost me 3000 dollars. I have other things I enjoy doing besides flying and paying thousands of dollars to an instructor (which I've already done haha). 30 or 40 thousand dollars IS A LOT OF MONEY. The 6 thousand I just spent on my Hurricane is not relatively speaking.

This is coming from Joe Schmoe Marine living in a barracks room.

There are a lot of things “The Average Person” cannot afford , flying is just one of them, nobody will solve that problem for you by giving you free lessons and free airplanes, your only option viable for you is to stop being the average person.
    Last edited by George Sychrovsky; 09-10-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Disclaimer ; opinions of others will vary depending on what they’re selling.

http://the-grand-design.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Downs View Post
    I have other things I enjoy doing besides flying
    And there you have it folks, in 9 simple words, why aviation is in decline.

It is what it is. There are few people willing to give up everything they enjoy doing for the joy of flying. While I enjoy flying immensely I wouldn't give up other aspects of my life to do it. MAYBE if I could fly to the grocery store, work, movies, lots of campsites ect I might consider it but the way aviation has been structured it will not allow such things to happen.

There are a lot of things “The Average Person” cannot afford , flying is just one of them, nobody will solve that problem for you by giving you free lessons and free airplanes, your only option viable for you is to stop being the average person.
    And be the person who essentially has no other free time hobbies than flying? That simply isn't an option for most people. However finding ways to make flying more accessible to the general public in such ways as pushing and advertising 103 legal type flying is one way.

Go out and poll the general public and find out how many people even know what a FAR is let alone what Part 103 of the FARs is. No one at work even knew anything about this and this in a unit full of smart folks. I may be the only enlisted guy that flys for fun at my unit.
    Last edited by Downs; 09-10-2013 at 10:44 PM.