Thread: Searching for Spencer Air Car plans

Searching for Spencer Air Car plans

Have spend quite some time without any success in my search for plans for the Spencer Air Car.
    Have tried the Kearn's family phone number (mother's I think) and their office/hanger number. Also tried what I believe is Robert Kearns (son) email. Phones do ring and left a message but have heard nothing back from any source.
    Does anyone know where I can find/buy plans for the Air Car?

Appreciate any input
    Thanks
    flyoleguy

I looked at this a few years back, if I remember correctly someone in the Chicago area had purchased the rights & was selling plans. A quick search of my PC didn't turn up anything, if I get a chance later I will look deeper, I could swear I saved the info somewhere.

If I may suggest a easier but equally interesting approach - restore a SeaBee and install one of the new alternative engines (Corvette?). You will have a larger support community, will have the same capability in the airplane you complete, and the SeaBee even looks the same.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

You might also try the suggestions in recent messages at the Yahoo Spencer Aircar group...hope this helps!

I did a full search of my hard drives for any file that contained the word "Spencer" & didn't find anything relevant other than a really bad scan of a cutaway drawing. What I am remembering was probably something I printed when I was on a work computer I couldn't save to. If I run across anything I will post it.

Thanks Mike,
    Appreciate your effort in looking through your files.
    For other suggestion that I look at the "Sea Bee" modified with a Vet V-8, have looked at that option, however, my son is an aerospace engineer and we were discussing changes to the Spencer plans, all in the spirit of home building.
    Thanks again

Hello,

I have a set of Spencer Air Car plans that I would like to sell. I will send a private message with contact info.

Wes,
    I was under the impression that the FAA wouldn't allow the Corvette mod to a See Bee since is was certified. I think I heard of it being done in Canada only.
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    If I may suggest a easier but equally interesting approach - restore a SeaBee and install one of the new alternative engines (Corvette?). You will have a larger support community, will have the same capability in the airplane you complete, and the SeaBee even looks the same.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Plans available

Quote Originally Posted by flyoleguy View Post
    Have spend quite some time without any success in my search for plans for the Spencer Air Car.
    Have tried the Kearn's family phone number (mother's I think) and their office/hanger number. Also tried what I believe is Robert Kearns (son) email. Phones do ring and left a message but have heard nothing back from any source.
    Does anyone know where I can find/buy plans for the Air Car?

Appreciate any input
    Thanks
    flyoleguy
    I have a complete set of plans, purchased from Spence years ago when he lived in Sun Valley. I want $400 for them if you are interested.