Thread: Drone shoot down?

Drone shoot down?

Drones are more and more in the news these days, not just in war zones shooting at the bad guys( at least that is the mantra), but also a lot of drones being used by all sorts of people from sheriff's to real estate marketers.
    Many people don't like the invasion of their privacy.
    But what can you do about it?
    You can't very well just shoot them down.
    Or can you?

Well, there is one place where it may be legal to down these pesky spy planes, and there is even a type of hunting license for it.
    The place is a small town in Eastern Colorado, Deer Trail, population of 598, which if famous for anything it claims to be the site of the first rodeo.
    The man behind the proposal is Phillip Steel and he lives in a steel Qhonset hut, maybe to ward off prying eyes or ears, and his sign warns the "trespassers will be shot". He is apparently serious about this law and drone hunting.
    This is the kind of thing one is not likely to just make up.
    I don't know what there is out there on the plains 54 miles east of Denver that anyone would want to spy on, but you never know.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-28-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Last I heard they were also offering reward money for any drone that was "bagged" and confirmed to be a US Government owned drone.

Last I heard, the Feds were suggesting that a five-year game of Rock Hockey at Leavenworth would be the reward if anyone takes advantage of the city's offer....

Ron Wanttaja

I wouldn't doubt it. But people are getting fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Downs View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it. But people are getting fed up.
    Airplanes with people aboard have been shot at and the Feds did not do anything about it. But fire upon a drone and you get in trouble. Sounds right to me.

Now before you say no one fires on an airplane and gets away with it. This was posted on one of these sites a year or so ago. The poster said the person doing the firing was told to not do that or something along those lines.

Makes sense. The .gov doesn't really give two craps about you as a person past making sure you pay your taxes.

The guy doing the shooting said he was shooting at the ground and just trying to scare the people aboard the airplane.

As for the tax man...Yep just received my letter wanting taxes on my EAB that was purchased 3 years ago. I e-mailed them the bill of sale and receipt that the seller and myself drew up. I wonder what this will cost?

In other news, Deer Creek also allows the use of deadly force on flying saucers, ghosts, zombies (remember, kids, you gotta shoot 'em in the head), and Bigfoot.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Jonathan Harger
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    In other news, Deer Creek also allows the use of deadly force on flying saucers, ghosts, zombies (remember, kids, you gotta shoot 'em in the head), and Bigfoot.
    "I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here." -Mitch Hedberg