Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airplane Repo: Good or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Flunkn View Post
    The one thing that did catch my eye, however, was the Super Cub in Alaska where the wheels are changed out for skis. The scene shows the repo pilot making the swap and as I understand the FARs, this is NOT something an owner / pilot can do. This would be a task performed by an A&P as this requires a weight & balance update to be entered in the log book. I'd be curious to see what the FSDO in Alaska thinks about this....
    I don't think the Alaska FSDO will care one bit about it. I say this because a friend of mine actually watched them film this episode, and the Cub that they flew away was not the Cub they showed being repossessed. It was a similar Cub that was not flown by the repo pilot, but actually by the owner of the Cub, because he didn't want the repo pilot flying his plane. If I were to guess (because I don't really know), I would be that nothing was actually done to the flying plane. That's why I think the FSDO wouldn't care.

So the entire show is just a fabrication as near as I can tell.

and with the way the History channel reruns all its shows,every week,we will be subject to them forever.Bring back the test pattern,of the old days.Repo is junk TV,and a danger to aviation.

Lighten up guys. It beats "Shark Week" hands down. I accept that there are a few rough edges on the show. Still, I enjoy revisiting airports and areas from my past. Once in a while, a familiar cockpit. I get it. You are all 10,000 hour plus ATP's and easily offended. Tune in the shopping channel instead.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    Lighten up guys. It beats "Shark Week" hands down. I accept that there are a few rough edges on the show. Still, I enjoy revisiting airports and areas from my past. Once in a while, a familiar cockpit. I get it. You are all 10,000 hour plus ATP's and easily offended. Tune in the shopping channel instead.

Bob
    Bob I agree. At least we are seeing something aviation related on TV. I like watching this show just to see the airplanes. I like Kevin's style he seems like a first class type to me. I told the wife when we first saw this show that the producers where making the drama, but it still is better then the other crap they want us to watch.
    All TV could be Aviation TV and I would be really happy. Never gonna happen though but I will take what I can get.

The Planes...The Planes....got to love them..Airplanes......

I could have sworn I saw Kevin on the grounds at Convention in the vintage area. I was on the tram, though, and couldn't get a long look.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I could have sworn I saw Kevin on the grounds at Convention in the vintage area. I was on the tram, though, and couldn't get a long look.
    Carl, maybe you did and he was "on the job." Did anyone have to hitchhike home? Stay tuned to DISCOVERY.

Bob

Is this show more or less contrived than Ice Pilots?

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

It's worse than "Tanked", which is really saying something.
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    Carl, maybe you did and he was "on the job." Did anyone have to hitchhike home? Stay tuned to DISCOVERY.

Bob
    Now THAT would be a show!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    Is this show more or less contrived than Ice Pilots?
    More.