Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EAA Founder Paul Poberezny Passes at Age 91

Thank you for your support, but the important thing is... no money.

This is something that EAA can easily do, it's dirt cheap. EAA has a budget to send out promotional items like Young Eagles pamphlets and buttons. We're talking a few cents, plus the cost of sending a box of stickers to each chapter.

It would send precisely the wrong message if they even charged a nickel.

One of the complaints many EAA members have had over the last ten or fifteen years is the organization's increased focus on making money. There have been some serious problems in Oshkosh because of this very fact, if I recall.
    Last edited by Victor Bravo; 08-23-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    EZ Flap is the high performance upgrade for Cessna, Piper, Stinson, Maule and Beech manual flaps.
    More performance - more control - more visibility ! 100% Money Back Guarantee www.ezflaphandle.com

EAA Founder Paul Poberezny Passes at Age 91

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo View Post
    Thank you for your support, but the important thing is... no money.

This is something that EAA can easily do, it's dirt cheap. EAA has a budget to send out promotional items like Young Eagles pamphlets and buttons. We're talking a few cents, plus the cost of sending a box of stickers to each chapter.

It would send precisely the wrong message if they even charged a nickel.

One of the complaints many EAA members have had over the last ten or fifteen years is the organization's increased focus on making money. There have been some serious problems in Oshkosh because of this very fact, if I recall.
    We at NAFI just arranged with a company in Milwaukee to do our "stickers" as those clingy things that go on the inside of windows without using adhesive. They look really nice.

Zack, I can let you know who they are, although you may be using them already.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

I think the "Thanks Paul" sticker is a great idea. My wife (giving credit where credit is due) asks if "Thanks Paul" can't be the theme for AirVenture 2014?

I was very lucky in 2002 to be one of the pilots who flew a B747-200 into Oshkosh and it was displayed at Aeroshell Square for the week.
    One evening after the show had ended we had Paul and Audrey up in the cockpit, Paul was sitting in the LHS and I noticed as he got up to leave he was a little teary eyed.
    I asked Audrey what he was upset about, and she said he had been looking out of the window, and said he could remember mowing the grass many years ago exactly where the 747 was now sitting, and he said it made him realize just how far EAA had come.
    It was quite an amazing moment.

Blue Skies Paul, your vision has charted the course of an incredible number of people, me included, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    I think the "Thanks Paul" sticker is a great idea. My wife (giving credit where credit is due) asks if "Thanks Paul" can't be the theme for AirVenture 2014?
    JACKPOT !

All in favor of the official theme of Airventure 2014 being a simple three words "Thank you Paul" (with stickers galore), send it uphill to HQ today !

(Thanks to your wife Mayhem)
    EZ Flap is the high performance upgrade for Cessna, Piper, Stinson, Maule and Beech manual flaps.
    More performance - more control - more visibility ! 100% Money Back Guarantee www.ezflaphandle.com

That would be "Mrs Mayhem" (actually, Debbie Mayer, also noteworthy for being the person who found my current airplane for me.) I can't remember her EAA# right now.

Hal, You started this thread...who do we sent the message to?

-- Chris Mayer

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    By posting about it here, you *are* sending the message, which is great!

That said, feel free to email the Feedback alias (feedback@eaa.org) as well.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

My personal tribute to the memory of Paul. Thank you!!

Name:  paul 002.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  109.1 KBBlue skies and fair winds... Mike& family.

I like this idea a LOT!
    (For Paul!)
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

SUPER idea!!!!! I can't think of a better incentive to get me there!!