Thread: Kids Venture Project Kits

Question Kids Venture Project Kits

Hello EAA,
    Our EAA chapter would like to find out if their is a contact for the kits that the EAA Air Academy uses during Kid Venture weeks? Our Young Eagle program is continuing to expand and we'd be interested in getting some kits or one of certain easier build kits that we may us as templates to build more kits from. Anyone out there who may have such info, could you please direct us?

I'll send you a PM with my phone and such. I'm not sure if we're talking the same thing, but if we are, I can help you out.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Bob M.,
    Anything at this point would be a step forward, thanks.

Don't forget to contact the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics). They have partnered with EAA and Young Eagles in order to get youngsters involved in modeling and developing a better understanding of flight.

You can contact Erin Dobbs (Programs Coordinator) at 1-800-435-9262 x272. She can provide your chapter with some introductory and membership materials. Membership is FREE for anyone under 19 years old.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with AMA, but I grew up building and flying RC airplanes... it is a GREAT hobby and is THE reason I've had the confidence to attempt a scratch built airplane.

Hey Hal, if you are reading the mail... THIS is the kind of stuff that would be great in a "Chapters" thread rather than thrown out here in the General threads. I hope we can see that area open soon so that chapter leaders can share ideas more effectively.

Although not exactly what you are looking for (kits), we do have a list of aviation activities, sorted by age range, available on the web site.

http://www.eaa.org/chapters/resources/cookbook/list.asp

There are many to choose from.

Have fun!
    Steve

The Northern Conn. Chapters are doing just that at Simsbury CT this Sunday. We're going to do the riveted name tags, and we're trying to do the prop carving, but we're having trouble figuring out how to make the blanks without a CNC machine. Any ideas? We tried a belt sander but that wasn't accurate. A spokeshaver stuttered across the wood, but it may need more honing. I can't figure out what kind of jig would be needed for a band saw.

Quote Originally Posted by 1parkpointer View Post
    Hello EAA,
    Our EAA chapter would like to find out if their is a contact for the kits that the EAA Air Academy uses during Kid Venture weeks? Our Young Eagle program is continuing to expand and we'd be interested in getting some kits or one of certain easier build kits that we may us as templates to build more kits from. Anyone out there who may have such info, could you please direct us?
    Not sure what kits you are talking about but the Air Academy and the Kidventure area of AirVenture are not really related. If you can be more specific I might be able to help. KidVenture has a number of 'take-away' projects for kids from pretty simple to relatively complicated.

As far as the prop blanks we have those cut by an outside company that does them on a CNC machine. We had to go that route for consistency and due to the large quantity we go through every AirVenture.

Dave Stadt
    KidVenture Vice Chairman