Thread: Posting from Archives?

Posting from Archives?

Is it ok to post screenshots or complete articles from the EAA Sport Aviation archives to this or other forums?
    I was thinking of posting a photo from a 1970 issue.

I know that Alex Strojnic, in his books said EAA allows anyone to use what they want. Perhaps with some note of the source, or something. Is it needed to ask first?

Posting anything from the EAA archives to this forum is generally okay and acceptable. Posting elsewhere is a different story. Please remember that access to the Sport Aviation archives is an EAA member benefit that you as a member have paid for. Sharing this material on a non-EAA forum would essentially be giving away this benefit. As part of the museum staff responsible for the EAA archives, I can assure you that EAA does NOT grant use of EAA materials to just anyone for any purpose. All EAA materials, whether in print or on the Web, are copyright protected. I would advise anyone wishing to use EAA materials on a website, in a forum, or elsewhere to seek permission via EAA librarian/archivist Sue Lurvey at slurvey@eaa.org, especially if it concerns commercial usage.

Zack