Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smoking at Airventure,

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    I agree folks should only smoke in the smoking areas and dropping butts on the ground anywhere is wrong.

Back to individual freedoms though...

Should we ban racing? Occasionally cars leave the track and hit someone or something causing serious injury or death. The race fans are innocent bystanders, are they not?

Risk is always there, in everything we do.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

I was able to catch a good portion of the airshow via streaming video the whole week, and was astonished at all the smokers I saw there, this year.
    Someone should really have a word with these folks about their smoking habits..
    Here are a few examples:

I replied to BG's other thread also in regards to the gripes about Oshkosh and I will have to agree that the amount of people I saw smoking this year was the worse I have ever seen during the airshow. I literally saw smokers in every single area I visited. I personally feel they have a right to smoke but only when it doesn't affect anyone else. They want to smoke at home or in there car or away from the crowds, well have at it. But when the smoker lights up in a crowd of people that is just plain rude and self-centered with zero regard for anyone else's health. As I said in the other thread, I acquired a bad lung issue after getting into a bad auto accident that collapsed my lungs. Hate to sound like a whiner but now when I get a whiff of smoke it is very painful, it actually feels like I am sucking in razor blades! Yes, it feels that bad! Sucks!!! I do an immediate exit whenever I encounter smoke but why the heck should my enjoyment of the airshow be ruined because of smokers. I must have had a streak of bad luck this year because it seemed like every place I went there were smokers. I paid my big bucks to get in and should be able to wander around freely.
    If smokers want to smoke, they need to go to the designated areas.
    I agree with the others that stated seeing cigarette butts thrown on the grounds all over, I have never seen as many as this year and I have been coming to Oshkosh for nearly 30 years (missed last year).

Cigarette butts on the ground ANYWHERE is disgusting! Why some smokers think it is OK just to throw their waste out anyplace is beyond me! Then smokers wonder why they are disrespected!?!?

Smokers, here's an offer: Bring my mom back from the dead, and I'll buy you cigarettes for the rest of your life.
    EZ Flap is the high performance upgrade for Cessna, Piper, Stinson, Maule and Beech manual flaps.
    More performance - more control - more visibility ! 100% Money Back Guarantee www.ezflaphandle.com