If you do some research you will find that in history no A&P has been sued over a Condition Inspection. Once the attorney reads the wording on a Condition Inspection they go away. What they then do is go after the maker of a part.
John Denver's crash is a good example. The attorneys wanted to go after who ever they could on this one. But after reading the wording on Condition Inspections, they went after the manufacturer of the fuel shut off valve. They did this for two reasons. You can sue anyone for just about anything. But if the person you are suing has nothing that is what you will get. The legal folks have a word for this and I can not remember what it is, And no its not dead beat. So what these attorney's do is go after the folks with deep pockets. They went after the fuel valve manufacturer. This was the example used in that webinar I speak of. He says in that webinar no A&P in history has been sued over a Condition Inspection. He said this does not mean attorneys have not tried. But once they read the wording they " Attorney's" just go away. The people they would need to go after is the FAA for issuing an airworthy certificate for something that is not airworthy. We all know that would be a fight they would loose. So they go after a manufacturer of some part.

All in that webinar I speak of. Not my words but from that webinar.

Tony